COVID-19 HEALTH PLANNING UPDATES as of 5/15/20
To Our Valued Patients;
ALL PROVIDERS ARE CONTINUING ON TELEHEALTH FOR SESSIONS, EXCEPT DAISY DUNCAN-LITTLE. SHE HAS REDUCED HER IN PERSON SESSIONS TO ONLY THOSE THAT REQUIRE THEM.
Insurance Companies have released new extended coverage dates as provided below, please remember coverage can vary by policy. Cost sharing refers to possible insurance coverage of your copay and/ or deductible.
Aetna 9/30/20 Cost Sharing on Fully funded plans only
BSBC of Kansas 6/30/20 possible cost sharing if patient requests telehealth- check policy
Kancare/ Any Medicaid Policy (Aetna Better/ Cenpatico/ Optum) 6/30/20
Tricare No end date given
Regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are changing our policies to address your health and safety. We have already begun measures following cleaning and safety protocols by our staff for the safety of our patients, the clinic, and for our community members.
Current protocol to COVID-19 are the following:
- Currently we are utilizing the a platform that we can send you a link via email (or text) and it will take you to the session. You will be sent the link at your session time. This way, you do not have to load anything onto your phone or computer. We have backup platforms such as VSee Messenger if needed. You will be able to use your insurance towards your session; therefore, if your insurance covers your session, then TeleHealth is covered due to the current situation. However, if you have a copay, then you would still be subject to those.
- Consider headphones for TELEHEALTH appts, as this helps with focus, and decreases echoing, as well as assists with privacy.
- If any patient (or person accompanying the patient) has had or currently has any type of fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory symptoms, please notify us to cancel your appointment as soon as possible. The billing company is allowing cancellation fees to be waived at this time, if notification is made prior to appointment.
- While attending sessions, we ask patients to limit the number of people brought to accompany the session. There will be an acceptation if the guests are necessary for transportation. You may also wait in your car if you prefer until your appointment time is ready, and then we can have the therapist contact you to begin your appointment to limit the time spent in the waiting room. This can assist with those with small children, and you can even drive up if needed. Just notify the office staff if you would like to do this at the appointment time, or upon arrival.
- Please be patient as following/ prior to sessions, cleaning and safety protocol will occur that will include the cleaning of items used during session especially regarding children.
- We have DocuSign available on our website for forms such as the Agreement for Services, Release of Information, and Credit Card on File so that you may connect with your therapist for a smooth transition. Those forms can be found under the Helpful forms tab.
Thank you for your patience and for being able to adapt to these new changes in these circumstances. Our thoughts are with you during these challenging times, while there are many changes and unknowns. Please note that you can always contact the office at 316-788-6464.
Mallory Baum, LCMFT
Danika Drake, LCMFT
Daisy Duncan, LPC, CPT
Cindy George, LCMFT, TF-CBT
Amy Meek, LCMFT-S, RPT-S
Bailey Mitchell, LCMFT
Lana Secrest, LSCSW, CPT, CCATP-CA