COVID-19 HEALTH PLANNING UPDATES as of 03/01/2022
To Our Valued Patients;
For Telehealth, you will be sent an email link AT THE TIME OF YOUR APPOINTMENT, If you have trouble connecting to this link, please either respond to the email to communicate to your therapist or contact the office. Links cannot be made available until the therapist has completed the appointment just prior to yours. Sometimes it takes a few moments to send the email or to locate a text number if we do not have an email on file. Thank you for your patience.
All providers are in office and can do telehealth as well. Some providers may have all appointments in office, and some have days that are in office, and days that are only telehealth. Please check with your provider for specifics.
Insurance Companies have released new extended coverage dates as provided below, please remember coverage can vary by policy. Cost sharing refers to possible insurance coverage of your copay and/ or deductible.
Aetna 01/31/21 Cost Sharing on Fully funded plans only
BCBS of Kansas- Telehealth approved 03/31/21 with policy's normal benefit coverage of copays/ deductibles Cost sharing ended 6/30, except for State of KS employer- cost share is covered until 03/31/21
Cigna 12/31/20 no cost share
Kancare/ Any Medicaid Policy (Aetna Better/ Cenpatico/ Optum) extended through COVID crisis- extension date not provided
Tricare - Extension provided Cost share covered from 5/12 forward- No end date given
UHC some plans with cost-share 9/30/20 without Cost share until 12/31/2020
UHC Medicare 9/30/20 without cost share 12/31/2020
Regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are changing our policies to address your health and safety. We have already begun measures following cleaning and safety protocols by our staff for the safety of our patients, the clinic, and for our community members.
Current protocol to COVID-19 are the following:
- Currently we are utilizing a platform that we can send you a link via email (or text) and it will take you to the session. You will be sent the link at your session time. This way, you do not have to load anything onto your phone or computer. You will be able to use your insurance towards your session; therefore, if your insurance covers your session, then TeleHealth is covered due to the current situation. However, if you have a copay, then you would still be subject to those.
- Consider headphones for TELEHEALTH appts, as this helps with focus, and decreases echoing, as well as assists with privacy.
- In-Person Sessions: Please do not arrive more than 5 min prior to your appointment time. You may wait in your car prior to your appointment, or if you have a mask you can wait in the building. The playroom is currently closed. We are asking people to wear a mask into the building.
- If any patient (or person accompanying the patient) has had or currently has any type of fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory symptoms, please notify us to cancel your appointment as soon as possible. The billing company is allowing cancellation fees to be waived at this time if notification is made prior to appointment .
- While attending sessions, we ask patients to limit the number of people brought to accompany the session. There will be an acceptance if the guests are necessary for transportation. You may also wait in your car if you prefer until your appointment time is ready, and then we can have the therapist contact you to begin your appointment to limit the time spent in the waiting room. This can assist those with small children, and you can even drive up if needed. Just notify the office staff if you would like to do this at the appointment time, or upon arrival.
- Please be patient as following/ prior to sessions, cleaning and safety protocol will occur that will include the cleaning of items used during session especially regarding children.
- We have DocuSign available on our website for forms such as the Agreement for Services, Release of Information, and Credit Card on File so that you may connect with your therapist for a smooth transition. Those forms can be found under the Helpful forms tab.
Thank you for your patience and for being able to adapt to these new changes in these circumstances. Our thoughts are with you during these challenging times, while there are many changes and unknowns. Please note that you can always contact the office at 316-788-6464.
Mallory Baum, LCMFT
Myranda Conley, LPC
Cindy George, LCMFT, TF-CBT
Amy Meek, LCMFT-S, RPT-S
Bailey Mitchell, LCMFT
Jacob Mizell, LMSW
Lyndi Stokes, LMSW
Lana Secrest, LSCSW, CPT, CCATP-CA